REVIEW OF INVESTIGATION ACTIVITIES FOR THE AUSTRALIAN COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA AUTHORITY
Hugh Watson Consulting conducted a Review of Investigation Activities for the Australian Communications and Media Authority. We identified specific areas where the overall integrity of ACMA’s investigation practices could be improved and made recommendations for:
- a suggested framework for sharing and learning investigative skills across ACMA;
- opportunities for innovation in the conduct of ACMA’s investigations;
- a whole of agency process for leveraging proper resources and skills for ACMA investigations;
- based on an analysis of cross-agency business processes for investigations, more efficient use and standardisation of systems;
- a principled audit process for investigations; and targeted risk minimisation strategies for investigations.